Jr-Sr High Guidance Department
about 1 year ago
Jr-Sr High School Dean of Students
Scott Dirkx - Email
Jodi Clendenen - Email
Reasons to contact your counselor:
- you suspect your child is being bullied
- you notice a severe change in your child’s behavior
- your child is having a difficult time dealing with family changes
- your child’s self-concept is low
- an illness or death in the family is upsetting your child
- your family is experiencing financial hardship and your child needs supplies, shoes, etc.
- your child daydreams or seems preoccupied a major portion of the day
- your child’s grades are declining
- your child does not want to come to school
- something seems to be bothering your child
- your child has difficulty making/keeping friends
Southeast Warren Scholarship Guide
Seniors and their parents - check out scholarship information gathered by Mr. Dirkx.
SEW Scholarship Foundation
The Southeast Warren Scholarship Foundation has awarded $111,500 in scholarships to Southeast Warren students. For the past few years, all students who applied were awarded a scholarship. The Southeast Warren PTA scholarship is now included in the Scholarship Foundation.
These applications are numbered and read to the Foundation members by the guidance counselor, principals, or other personnel. Foundation members give numerical scores to applications based on work experience, school and community activities, and appraisals included in the applications. These scores are then tabulated by personnel from the local banks. Scholarships are awarded using these final tabulations. Everything remains anonymous until after all selections have been made.
The Scholarship Foundation raises money through the Country Music Shows held in the Fall and Spring, the Fourth of July Breakfast in Milo, the sale of bricks from the old elementary buildings, payroll deductions from school employees, Pennies for Scholars, Memorials, and other contributions.NEWS
New Career Planning Website - ihaveaplan.gov
The Iowa College Student Aid Commission has put together a website with several resources on one site to help Iowans find a career plan, student aid and scholarships.
Iowa College Access Network
ICAN Tip of the Week